Sunnyvale ARES Repeater Group

K6SNY repeater
443.275+ 107.2 PL

Crystal Peak, California

Getting Your Amateur Radio License

An FCC license is required to transmit on amateur radio frequencies. Licensing exams are given by Volunteer Examiners (VE) though the Volunteer Examiner Coordinator (VEC) system.

Here are some of the local VE organizations currently offering license exams. (Updated July 2021)

Bay Area Educational Amateur Radio Society

Get a ham radio license in one day.

San Benito County Amateur Radio Association

Fully remote testing and study.

Silicon Valley VE Group

Remote testing only.

Sunnyvale VEC

In-person exams.

© 2007-2023 Sunnyvale Amateur Radio Emergency Service - Repeater Group. All rights reserved.